3 FAQs About Renting A Dumpster
You probably know that a dumpster is a large container that holds garbage. You usually see dumpsters at parks, apartment complexes, businesses, and other places that accumulate large amounts of waste. If you have ever thought that a dumpster might come in handy, you'll be glad to know you can rent one.
To help you know more about dumpster rental, here are the answers to three frequently asked questions about renting a dumpster.
1. What Are Some Good Reasons to Rent a Dumpster?
Any time you need a way to get rid of large amounts of garbage, you should consider renting a dumpster. Some of the most common reasons people need to rent a dumpster include:
- They are doing a remodeling project on their home.
- They are moving and don't have room to take everything with them.
- They are doing a large landscaping project and need to get rid of tree branches, loose grass, or other types of yard waste.
- They have sold their house and need to get rid of stuff they no longer need or want.
- They are cleaning up after the holidays.
Besides providing a place to throw stuff away, dumpster rentals alleviate the need to make repeated trips to the landfill.
2. What Kinds of Garbage Can Be Put in a Dumpster?
There are lots of things you can throw away into a dumpster. These things include:
- Construction and demolition waste
- Yard waste
- Household junk
- Empty aerosol cans
- Wooden furniture
- Small amounts of food
You can also throw some appliances into the dumpster, such as dishwashers and microwaves. Some states allow you to throw electronics, such as printers, computers, and television sets into dumpsters.
There are some things however, that should never be thrown into a dumpster. These things include mattresses, water heaters, undrained refrigerators, flammable chemicals, pesticides, and batteries. One more thing you should avoid putting into a dumpster is documents that contain valuable information, such as social security numbers.
Before throwing anything away in a dumpster, you should first check to see if you can recycle it instead.
3. How Much Does It Cost to Rent a Dumpster?
Before you rent a dumpster, you will want to ensure it is a cost-effective way to get rid of your waste. On average, dumpster rental costs anywhere from $292 to $483. The cost depends on a number of factors, which include the size of the dumpster, location, the dumpster rental company, and how long you'll need the dumpster. Some companies offer weekly and monthly dumpster rental rates.
Contact a company like Ware Disposal to learn more.